Tips to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
Are you a daily victim to acne? The acne scars are scarier than the acne itself. Let’s get to the roots of Acne and remove it is scars forever. For that we first need to know:
- How Does an Acne Develop?
The main reason behind acne is the clogged pores which lead to yeast and bacteria overgrowth on the surface of the skin. There are many other factors such as hormone fluctuations, increased cortisol, and inflammation.
- What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars are the marks that severe inflammatory acne leaves on the skin. Its nodules and cysts tend to infiltrate deep inside the skin and damage it. Some people often pop or squeeze their zits which again result in scars.
- Different Types of Acne Scars
These scars are found in different shapes, colors, and sizes. For treating your acne scar, first understand the scar properly.
- Depressed or Pitted Scars: As per the name, these scars form pits or rather depressions on the skin. This scar is mainly of three types-
- Rolling Scars: Broad pits with rounded and leaning edges makes rolling acne a common scar in people with prolonged patchy erratic inflammatory acne. With growing age, the skin starts losing its elasticity, and it is then that the rolling scars become visible.
- Boxcar Scars: Broad pits with squarer and defined They are difficult to be treated.
- Icepick Scars: These are deep, narrow pits conical in shape. These scars, penetrate deep inside the skin rupturing or breaking the subcutaneous tissue and doesn’t let it heal.
- Raised Scars or Hypertrophic Scars: These are very different from the above discussed depressed ones. They rise and become visible above the surface of the skin as the extra scar tissues form in the areas of inflammatory acne.
- Hypo-pigmentation or Hyperpigmentation Acne Scars: This disease can cause abnormal discoloration by leaving spots of dark or light color. In the case of Hyperpigmentation, melanocytes produce excess melanin, and so some brownish spots are seen on the skin. As for hypo-pigmentation, some melanocytes are reduced due to the disease, and they fail to produce melanin, ensuring light colored skin patches.
- Permanent Red Scars: Erythema or Permanent red scars, can be said to be a post-inflammatory condition in which the tiny blood capillaries adjacent to the skin surface gets permanently dilated. Thus you can easily see those small red dots or patches.
- How to Get Rid of these Scars Faster?
Healing from the inside is equally important as healing from outside. Thus, let us take a look at certain ways in which we can get rid of the troublesome scars.
- Dietary Remedies:
Eating correctly is the secret to problem free life. Especially certain foods have healing power which repairs the skin wounds and scars as well. A nutritious and balanced food with plenty of water and daily exercises heals the skin from inside.
- Collagen Rebuilding Foods:
Collagen, along with elastin and hyaluronic acid, helps in building skin blocks. Collagen with keratin gives elasticity to the skin along with strength, smoothness, and resilience. It increases the healing of the scars. Soy products, Leafy green vegetables like cabbage, spinach, beans, red fruits, and vegetables are some collagen containing food.
- Vitamin A
Vitamin A boosts cell generation and prevents the production of comedones that clogs the pores and leads to acne. The skin becomes smooth and heals wounds, sunburn, acnes, and scars. Vitamin A rich foods are dairy cream, butter, eggs, liver, kidney, cod liver oil and chicken.
- Foods Rich in Zinc:
Zinc repairs the structure of cell membranes and proteins. It helps in reducing inflammation, healing wounds and gives protection against the UV radiation.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin C:
Vitamin C aids the healing of wounds and builds firm scar tissues. It protects against the damage from sun, prevents loss of water. Foods like dark green leafy vegetables, bell peppers, broccoli, basil, parsley, thyme, Brussels sprouts, cilantro and citrus fruits like pineapple, lime, oranges along with kiwis and strawberries are the best Vitamin C sources.
- Topical Remedies
There are numerous topical remedies which can naturally reduce the scars, smoothes the skin texture, lighten the dark spots and improve complexion. Take your time and test these natural remedies to cure these scars and see the result yourself. Here I am giving five of the best remedies for acne scar treatment.
- Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice, a natural astringent and bleaching agent, is full of Vitamin C. It helps in fading the dark spots. Apply the extracted lemon juice along with some cucumber juice on your scar or mix lemon juice (1 tsp) with vitamin oil (2tsp) and apply it on your scars for amazing results. Combining glycerin with lemon juice makes it a great cleanser for regular use.
- Egg Whites:
Egg whites provide protein, which accelerates the healing process. Apply them on your scar overnight and clean it in the morning or you can keep it for only 30 minutes.
As far as acne scars are concerned, honey is the much effective remedy. It reduces inflammation and redness of your pimples. It is a natural antibiotic and can heal bacterial infection of your pimples. It also helps to fade away the dark spots. Apply it all over your face for overnight and wash it in the morning or mix it with cinnamon and apply on the acne affected area, leave it for about an hour before washing gently.
Hot Tomato Soup is rich in Vitamin A and thus heals the acne scars quickly. Apply a mask of blended tomato and cucumber on your face for half an hour and then wash it properly. Repeat it for two days in a week for excellent results. You can also just apply the tomato pulp on your scar area to make it less visible.
- Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera gel is always an effective remedy to heal acne. Aloe vera gel directly applied on the scar helps to reduce the spots. Apply organic turmeric powder with aloe vera gel on your face for about 10 minutes before washing it thoroughly.
Acne usually starts at the beginning of puberty affecting the skin with a ceaseless scar. With the given remedies many skin problems can be solved. The result may vary from person to person. Even yogurt, lavender oil, tea tree oil, cocoa butter, baking soda can also be used in various ways to reduce the acne scars. With all this, drinking 6 to 7 glasses of water daily is very important for a healthy and glowing skin.