Let Coconut Oil Help You to Treat Acne
What is Acne?
It is an inflammatory skin disease where there can be swollen red breakouts can be seen on the neck, face, chest, and back. It is the most common skin problem faced by many people. It is a long-lasting skin disease that affects the skin’s oil glands. When makeup, dead skin cells, and other toxins get accumulated, bacteria develop and cause acne.
It is a common skin disease that affects up to 80% of people in their lifetime; especially teenagers are prone to this disease. One of the most fundamental reasons for acne caused due to stress, poor hygiene intake, improper diet, hormonal imbalances, and certain medications. Other factors that lead to acne are eating junk, poor skin care and oily skin, as well as unhealthy lifestyle.
What Causes Acne?
The clogging up of dead skin cells and oil leads to the formation of acne. The impurities that settle on your skin make a place for bacteria and therefore leading to acne. Like any other skin issues or diseases, acne too has some symptoms of its own. Symptoms of this disease include pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. In some cases, the symptoms may vary depending on the skin type.
How to Get Rid of Them?
It is not dangerous usually, but sometimes it leaves skin scars. But if early treatment is not gone for it might get worse. There are many ways to treat acne. They can be cleared with modest home remedies, proper diet, and healthy skincare. One such home remedy for acne treatment is coconut oil. There are many others also like garlic, honey, and apple cider vinegar as well as Aloe Vera. Here, are some advantages with the help off of coconut oil to get rid of acne, skin scars as well as dry and dull skin.
What is Good About Coconut Oil?
Our grandma uses to tell that coconut oil is very useful especially when used on a daily basis. The regular use of coconut oil can moisturize your skin ad help it in healing. It is high in lauric acid and applying coconut oil to the skin can kill acne-causing bacteria and increase moisture, which may also reduce acne scarring. Why do we believe that coconut oil is good for acne? Below is your answer.
- The oil not only contains higher percentage of lauric, caprylic, stearic acid, and other useful acids but also vitamins like A, E, D, calcium, phosphorus, and many other valuable minerals
- This options aids in moisturizing and nourishing the skin. It is a gift to those who has dry skin
- Most important, it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. And this property of the oil helps to fight against bacteria which cause acne
- It also has regenerating and clarifying properties which contribute to treating skin scars
- It is efficient due to its antibacterial properties. The tiny film that the coconut oil forms when you apply it on your face, it protects your skin from dirt and pollution
It is said that the simplest and the most effective method of using coconut oil for acne treatment is using it directly to the pimples. The best way is to massage warm oil on the affected area. Continue the application till the situation improves.
Many people believe that coconut oil can provoke acne. But it is not true if you apply them with proper instruction. Here some option about how to use coconut oil for acne treatment.
Coconut Oil and Baking Soda for Acne
This mask works as a cleanser that helps to remove dirt, dead skin, and pores, as well as excess oil.
- Mix 1tbs coconut oil and 1tbs baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the same on the neck and face, now rub it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Apply the mask daily to get the best
Coconut Oil with Oatmeal to Treat Acne
This face mask helps to soothe the inflammation, rough skin and restores the pH balance in the skin.
- In warm water, mix 1tbs oatmeal and 3tbs coconut oil.
- Apply the mask on acne affected area.
- Rub slowly in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Now, let it be there for 15-20 minutes and wash it with water.
- Repeat regularly to keep skin soft and fresh.
Coconut Oil with Turmeric to Remove Acne
This mask will fight against bacteria and clears the dirt, oil and other impurities from the skin.
- Mix some turmeric powder and coconut oil.
- Apply the paste on the neck as well face.
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat the same regularly.
Coconut Oil With Tea Tree Oil to Remove Acne
- It will heal the inflammation, discomfort and soothe the redness caused by acne.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with 1tbs of coconut oil.
- Apply the same on the face and massage gently in the affected area before going to sleep.
- Leave overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- Do this daily to see the wonder in your skin.
Coconut Oil and Banana for Acne
This mix stops dry skin by moisturizing and hydrating the same so that the acne can be removed. It eliminates the bacteria of acne from the root.
- Mash a ripe banana and add 1 and 1/2tbs of coconut oil in it with one pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix well to make a thick paste.
- Apply on the clean face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to dry.
- Wash off and then pat dry.
- Follow this three to four times a week.
Coconut Oil and Cystic Acne
Without a miss, in the case of Cystic Acne apply coconut oil and leave it for overnight. It will also help to hydrate the skin and kill the acne causing bacteria.
- Take a virgin coconut oil into palm.
- Rub oil gently in palms to spread the oil and then apply on the affected area, while massaging gently.
- Leave it overnight, and next morning, wash it with lukewarm water and antibacterial mild facial cleanser.
Hope this will work for you. Do you know any other remedies which help you to treat acne? Please share with us.