Shaving of the unwanted hair on your body is a pain. Men while shaving their beard can very well understand what painful experience it becomes sometimes. There are a few hair follicles that remain behind and get exposed to bacteria. This results in the development of puss-filled pimples or razor bumps.
- 1 What is Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
- 2 What Causes Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
- 3 What are the Symptoms of Razor Bumps?
- 4 Prevention of Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)
- 5 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae):
- 6 Share this:
- 7 Related
What is Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
Many people- men and women both, who often shave, wax or tweeze the unwanted hair, get to experience a type of skin irritation issue, which is known as razor burn. Whereas, there are times when one experiences itchiness and irritation on the part that is shaved this situation is called razor bumps.
Razor bumps are the hair follicle when after shaving the small and tiny hair remain into the skin, this hair starts to grow into the skin. Then this part pops up as a red colored painful pimple kind of a problem. This is a razor bump. In biological terms, Razor bumps are known as Pseudofolliculitis Barbae.
What Causes Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
Razor bumps are a result of allergies or bacterial infections. There are several times where people suffer from such issues because of the flaw of technique they use for shaving. Whereas, sometimes Razor bumps also gets into a reality when people do not change their razors for a long time. Also, several products do not provide apt shaving experience and are not good on your skin.
Razor bumps are caused when there are places where people sometimes become careless while shaving, as it is rightly said that prevention is better than cure. Therefore, while you are shaving, especially a woman when she shaves the unwanted hair in the intimate and sensitive parts should be very careful.
There are several other reasons too that causes razor bumps. Following we provide you with a few:
- Using wrong shaving cream or shaving gel.
- Inappropriate shaving tools.
- Avoiding the use of aftershave gel.
- Unhygienic methods while you shave. Like shaving with dirty hands or dirty equipment and tools.
What are the Symptoms of Razor Bumps?
To cure a particular issue, it is very necessary to know when and where are you infected with razor bumps. To know that we need to know what are the signs and symptoms.
The following are the symptoms and signs that one sees while they are suffering from Razor Bumps:
- Redness of skin.
Above is one of the most common signs that we come across. In addition to this when there is an unpleasant appearance of burns, and that causes sensations on the skin which might turn out to be serious issues.
Razor bumps are not anything serious, but they are irritating and painful sometimes. So when you are suffering from these signs make sure you get some remedies to solve and get over them.
Prevention of Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)
Before getting into details about the treatments and how one care rescue from razor bumps or burns we should try to avoid them. There are a few precautions and prevention one must take to prevent razor bumps and any such injury.
Following is a list of things one must take care of:
- Before shaving, you should wash the area to be shaved very nicely with an exfoliating scrub. This method gets you rid of any avoidable dirt and amazingly exfoliates your skin.
- Check when did you change your razor blade last? One should change their razor blades often and on a regular basis.
- After you have shaved the area, pat dry gently the area you have shaved.
- If there is a lot of irritation caused, when you shave, you should better avoid this method of hair removal.
- Always use an aftershave gel or cream when you are done with shaving. This is a very important precaution or cares that you should take. After shaving your skin become too dry and this will make your skin suffer from several issues. If not an aftershave gel or cream, use a moisturizer.
- Avoid shaving every single day even if you feel that you have a heavy and fast hair growth.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Razor Bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae):
Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Pseudofolliculitis Barbae:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most efficient methods to get rid of burns and bumps caused through razor. Use a paste of apple cider vinegar and apply on the affected area. Rub it gently all through the part.
Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Razor Bumps:
Aloe Vera has ever since been one of the most common methods to get off with any skin related issues quick. You can use Aloe Vera lotion on the affected parts or can also directly apply a small amount of Aloe Vera extract.
Cornstarch to Remove Razor Bumps:
Cornstarch has also been lately, proven to be an excellent remedy for razor bumps. All you need to do is apply an ample amount of cornstarch on the affected are and leave it to dry and absorb for about 20 to 30 minutes. Wash your face, and you can see the quick results soon.
0Ice or cold compress:
When you get razor bumps the first thing you should do is apply ice to the affected area. If notice, you should quickly wash it off with cold water. This will provide you instant relief.
Things you should avoid:
- Don’t use other’s razor and don’t let others use yours.
- Do not puncture or squeeze the razor bumps.
- Avoid moving your hands on the affected area. This may spread the infection all over the place.
- Avoid spraying perfume on the affected area. This will cause irritation, and you might all the more increase the redness.