Tired of hiding in your room due to acne or pimples? Now is the time to come out of it all and be confident. Come on let’s learn about acne and see if we can easily cure it ourselves at home.
- What is Acne?
Acne is a known skin disease which affects the oil glands of the skin, and the pores come in contact with this gland. These glands also secrete an oily substance known as Sebum. Inside the connecting canals called follicles, the dead skin cells are carried to the skin’s surface with the aid of oil. Through the follicle, a thin hair comes out of the skin. When this skin gland follicle clogs up, there grows a pimple.
- How Does it Affect?
According to the different studies, at the age of puberty, the skin scars are first seen. Not only in teens, but acne also affects people in their twenties and even in their fifties. Skin specialists can advise of a number of creams and ointments which are expensive and might not suit the skin type also. A natural home remedy like Green Tea is an option that can be tried.
- Why Green Tea?
- The excessive sebum production by sebaceous glands usually leads to the formation of acne. The IGF-I signals aid the production of sebum. An EGCG component present in green tea manages the IGF-I signals. EGCG prevents cell damage, inflammation; reduce irritation, and gives protection against the acne-causing free radicals. Thus, consumption of green tea decreases the acne attack from the roots.
- It is almost 50% more active than the benzoyl peroxide.
- Green tea contains the anti – bacterial property which kills the acne causing bacteria.
- Control your blood sugar and insulin levels as the higher carbohydrate level can make you more prone to acne like skin disorders. Green Tea helps to regulate the insulin levels, blood pressure and keeps the hormones balanced.
- Green tea prohibits this scarring disease.
- Green tea consists of antioxidants, tocopherols (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), carotenoids (vitamin A), manganese, zinc, selenium, and chromium, some of the essential nutrients for healthy
- Gives protection against sun damage and thus reduces the display of these scars.
- Drinking green tea activates the discharge of cortisol, and it reduces stress or stress-induced acne.
- How to Use Green Tea for Acne?
There are many ways in which Green tea can be used to reduce the skin problems.
Drink at least 3-4 cups of freshly brewed green tea regularly. The EGCG specified above can prevent the testosterone hormone from affecting the DHT, which is indeed very favorable for sufferers of this skin problem. Alternatively, you can also take extract supplements of green tea. The following are some ways to use green tea orally.
- Green Tea and Garlic
Garlic is anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic. It enhances the immunity system of our body and helps fight the harmful bacteria that cause this painful disease.
- Crush three garlic cloves.
- Add mashed garlic in the brewed green tea and steep it for 5 minutes.
- Drink this tea.
- Repeat this oral process regularly.
- Green Tea with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, an astringent, dries out acne or pimples. It exfoliates the oils, dead skin cells and also other impurities.
- First of all, mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of green tea.
- Mix raw honey with this mixture to enhance the taste and drink it.
- The daily repetition of this process is suggested
- Special Note: Properly wash your mouth after drinking this mixture to avoid damage to tooth enamel.
- Apply Topically
You can apply the brewed green tea bags on your face where you have acne lesions. This method will quickly reduce inflammation and swelling by getting rid of the toxins and also bacteria from the deep acne lesions. Follow the below steps-
- Firstly, brew some fresh green tea.
- Now get a cotton ball and apply the green tea to your skin, Else you may spritz it from a spray bottle.
- Rinse with water after it completely dries.
- Pat the skin dry and don’t forget to repeat this process daily.
- Green Tea with Honey
Raw honey is a great moisturizer for dry and dull skin. It kills the acne causing bacteria. Follow the given steps for preparing the mixture.
- For about 3 minutes steep a tea bag (green tea) in boiling water.
- After the tea bag cools, open it and extract the leaves.
- Then you may add raw honey (organic) to form a paste.
- After washing your face, you may apply this paste on the area affected by acne.
- Leave it as it is for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with water before patting it dry.
- Repeat this process regularly.
Special Note: In place of wet green tea leaves, you may also use green tea powder.
- Green Tea with Lemon
Lemon acts as a natural astringent that kills the harmful acne causing bacteria and reduces the scars. This combination can be put to use orally and topically.
- Firstly, brew some green tea.
- Then add 1 lemon juice to 1/4 cup of green tea
- Now apply this mixture to your skin with a cotton ball
- Better to leave it on for overnight, but at least 10 minutes will also do.
- Rinse thoroughly with normal to cool water before patting it dry.
- Repeat the same process daily to clear acne.
Special Note: Drink green tea with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice twice every day.
Similar to any other product, green tea brings various results for different people. There is a saying that green tea causes acne as it contains fluoride. But others say that actual water used to brew green tea contains fluoride. So, it’s better to make sure that you use organic and pure green tea, with filtered and distilled water for the given acne treatments. I would suggest that you first yourself, try the above mentioned green tea methods for a few days and see if the acne is healing. Use decaffeinated green tea to avoid side effects like irritability, dizziness, insomnia, and appetite loss.