How to Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids with Home Remedies Naturally
How to Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Naturally
About 75% of world population experience hemorrhoids at some point in time in their life. It is commonly diagnosed among people in the age group of 45 to 60 years. Sometimes, hemorrhoids subside on own, and numerous factors influence the healing ability. Hemorrhoids otherwise termed as ‘Piles’ is a painful condition.
While there are many treatments you can try a call to cure hemorrhoids, take a look at how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally. These simple natural remedies are effective that your condition will be cured in no time. Before looking into how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally, here is an overview of hemorrhoids, causes, and symptoms.
Hemorrhoids – A Brief Outlook
Hemorrhoids are swollen, or enlarged veins found internally and externally at the lower part of rectum and anus. The veins become inflamed due to increased pressure around the rectal area and pelvic region. Besides, some blood vessels stretch which also irritates the veins and causes discomfort. Hemorrhoid tissues are part of the standard anatomy of a human body. Inflammation of hemorrhoids is usually due to following reasons.
- Strained bowel moments like chronic diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Pregnancy (pressure of the baby inflames the veins)
- Physical strain (Lifting heavy objects)
- Poor diet and lack of hygiene
Bleeding during bowel movement is the main symptom of hemorrhoids. Affected people experience a hard time passing the stool.
- Bleeding while passing stool / bloody discharge
- Itching, feeling a lot of discomforts, irritation, and pain around anus
- Moist pink bulge edge extending/bulging out from the anus
Sometimes, people are a bit unsure about how to manage hemorrhoids problem. While most are unfamiliar with this condition, it causes a lot of discomfort and pain even while sitting casually.
You don’t need to rush to a doctor immediately to treat hemorrhoids. Listing out a few ways to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally.
1. Home Remedies to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids Naturally
- 1 Hot and Cold Compress
- 2 Warm bath / warm soak or try warm compress
- 3 Cold Compress
- 4 Tea Tree Oil
- 5 Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- 7 Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, and Olive Oil
- 8 Glycerin and Epsom Salt
- 9 Witch Hazel
- 10 Dietary Recommendations to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids Naturally
- 11 Increase Your Fiber Intake
- 12 Foods to Avoid
- 13 How to Eat to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids
- 14 Specific foods to include
Hot and Cold Compress
Hot and cold compress makes the best treatment for pain and swelling anything. While warm compress dilates the blood vessels and provides soothing comfort, cold compress shrinks the vessels and restrict the blood flow. It thereby reduces the swelling and pain.
Warm bath / warm soak or try warm compress
Warm water soak or warm bath reduces the itchiness and suffering around the rectum. Warm water relaxes and reduces the inflammation of the veins, eases swelling and provides a lot of comforts.
You can take hot water bath or soak in a tub. Make sure the water is warm, not hot. You can repeat it twice or thrice a day.
As an alternative, you can give warm compress directly to the hemorrhoids to reduce discomfort and pain. Soak clean and soft towel/cloth in warm water and apply it on the affected area for a few minutes.
Don’t panic at trying warm compress / warm soak several times a day. Physicians recommend people with painful hemorrhoids to sitting in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes twice a day. Managing hemorrhoids is more painful than getting a hot shower, or warm sits few times a day.
Applying cold compress on hemorrhoids may be tricky. It’s a very simple process. Wrap a few ice cubes in a piece of clean cloth and apply on affected area for a couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can also try using a wet cloth. Wet a cloth, freeze it for 5 minutes and use on the hemorrhoid swelling.
You will find instant relief after applying a cold compress. Since it shrinks hemorrhoids, the passing stool becomes easier after a cold compress. Cold compress provides immense and instant relief from irritation and pain.
- Do not leave cold compress for too long.
- Do not try cold compress for more than three times a day.
- Do not apply hot and cold compress immediately
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a potent essential oil used to cure many ailments. Recent studies on the efficacy of tea tree oil revealed that regular use of this oil makes a best natural cure for hemorrhoids.
Tea tree oil is potent oil, and you should always use with a carrier. Add two to three drops of tea tree oil with almond oil or castor oil. Soak a cotton ball and apply it to the opening of the anus. Apply it once or twice a day regularly to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally.
Also, you can also add lavender oil to soothe the pain and rosemary essential oil to reduce itchiness.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar comes with numerous healing properties, and it helps to ease away the itchiness caused by hemorrhoids. It is an astringent and highly beneficial in shrinking hemorrhoids.
Soak a cotton ball in ACV and apply it directly on external hemorrhoids. Make sure to wash the area before using ACV. You may feel a stinging sensation around the affected area. However, it won’t last long. In case, if you find burning sensation after applying ACV, wash it immediately.
Drinking ACV provides relief from internal hemorrhoids. Dilute two or three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and consume to get rid of internal hemorrhoids. You can repeat it for a few days. Go for natural and pure apple cider vinegar.
Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is one of the wonder ingredients loaded with miraculous healing properties. It provides quick relief from hemorrhoids.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduces swelling
- Keeps the affected area moistened
- Soothe away the irritation and itchiness
Extract the aloe vera gel and apply it on the swollen veins.
Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, and Olive Oil
Applying oil to the inflamed hemorrhoids will ease away pain and discomfort.
- Coconut Oil
It is one of the traditional remedies used to get rid of hemorrhoids. Coconut oil contains antifungal and antibacterial properties which reduce itchiness. It is fragile and quickly absorbed. Regular application of coconut oil to the anus opening controls inflammation and heal hemorrhoids in a few days.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and contains anti-inflammatory properties. When applied externally, it enhances the blood vessels elasticity and shrinks the inflamed veins in the rectal canal.
Also, olive oil also helps to heal internal hemorrhoids. Consume one or two teaspoons of olive oil daily. It enhances the functions of the excretory system.
- Almond Oil
Almond oil is skin friendly oil, used for its versatility. It is an emollient and absorbed deeply into the tissues. Apparently, topical application of almond oil helps to reduce all discomforts caused by hemorrhoids and subsequently cures it.
Glycerin and Epsom Salt
This is one of the lesser known natural remedies for hemorrhoids. Epsom salt is known for its healing ability to reduce pain and inflammation. Glycerin is a good moisturizer. These two ingredients help to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoon of Epsom salt with glycerin
- Make sure the salt is dissolved in the glycerin
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply on clean and dry area
- Wash it after 20 minutes
- Repeat it every 2 to 3 hours
The pain and discomfort will subside gradually.
Witch hazel is the best answer to how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally. It shrinks and cures hemorrhoids in a short time. It provides relief from pain and itchiness instantly. Apply a tiny bit of witch hazel on the affected area and enjoy the long term relief. Repeat for a few days until you see hemorrhoids fading out.
2. Healthy and hygienic practices and lifestyle changes to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally
When it comes to treating this condition, you should also take precautions that do not aggravate pain and swelling. At times, not adhering to healthy practices triggers hemorrhoids and worsen the condition.
This may sound odd and awkward. However, it is essential to reduce the impact of hemorrhoids as well prevention. Always make sure you are stick to hygienic practices.
Sit on cushion
Sitting on cushion doesn’t help you get rid of hemorrhoids but provide temporary comfort.
Use wet wipes
After a bowel movement, make sure the area is utterly clean to avoid itchiness. Use moistened toilet paper or baby wipes instead of dry wipes. Use non-scented, non-medicated and soft tissues to dry the skin.
Don’t skip nature’s call
When you have an urge to urinate or pass stool, don’t hesitate or wait. Always stick to nature’s call to stay healthy. At the same time, do not sit for a long time because sitting is closely associated with triggering hemorrhoids.
Schedule regular bowel movements
In context with skipping nature’s call, try to schedule regular bowel movements at specific times. Regular bowel movement is an indicator of good health. It also reduces the impact of hemorrhoids.
- Don’t force bowel movement or strain
- Don’t sit for a long time to pass stool
- Don’t postpone the nature’s call
Stress is one of the factors that trigger hemorrhoids. Try to de-stress by doing meditation, simple breathing practices and yoga.
Dietary Recommendations to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids Naturally
Diet plays a pivotal role in curing many conditions. When it comes to treating hemorrhoids, certain foods heal the disease faster.
Hemorrhoids are directly linked with gut health. Digestion, gastrointestinal health, excretory functions and bowel movements are strongly impacted by food habits. Any abnormality or poor function of any of the above is likely to cause hemorrhoids. In fact, constipation and diarrhea from major causes of hemorrhoids, which is directly linked with food habits.
Increase Your Fiber Intake
Constipation is the main reason for hemorrhoids. Lack of fiber rich foods harden the stool and impact bowel movements. Increasing fiber intake soften the stool and eases bowel movement. Increasing your fiber intake can mend this issue. Fiber is rich in whole grains, leafy greens, sprouts, nuts and seeds, and fruits.
Enhancing your fiber intake cleans the gastrointestinal system and improves the efficacy of colon functions. It prevents constipation and softens the stools, which reduces strain during bowel movement.
Foods to Avoid
Spicy foods which can irritate the intestines and increases the itchiness like hot pepper, cinnamon, etc. (avoid adding chilly to the food)
Say a big no to all processed stuff from cereals, tetra pack juices to packed meals (All bakery items, cakes, cookies, puff pastry, bread, and pies)
Coffee and tea
Although coffee and tea drinking has some advantages to health, they may lead to dehydration which aggravates hemorrhoids.
Dryness/lack of proper hydration forms primary reason for many health complications. Dehydration worsens hemorrhoids and triggers bleeding.
Drink water/liquids throughout the day. Loss of fluid can worsen the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Drink at least one glass of water with each meal and every snack.
- Drink a glass of water on an empty stomach and before you go to bed.
- Drink water whenever you are thirsty.
- Don’t replace water with other drinks like coffee, tea or juices when you are thirsty.
Stay hydrated internally and externally. Apply vitamin E oil/olive oil/coconut oil regularly on the opening of the anus.
How to Eat to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids
- Add at least one part of fiber rich foods in the main meal of the day.
- Chickpea, beans, pinto beans, cauliflower
- Eat a minimum of one whole fruit a day.
- Eat fruits that you eat with skin preferably (apple, mangoes, guava, )
- Have one cup of sprouts (any variety) as a snack or part of meal
- Eat a handful of nuts/seeds once a day
- Add whole grains to your diet.
- Wheat, maize, millet, brown rice, buckwheat, and quinoa
- Drink plenty of water/liquids like buttermilk, tender coconut or fresh fruit juice
- Eat fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, kefir, to strengthen the gut health which automatically heals hemorrhoids
Specific foods to include
- Berries – Rich source of antioxidants and contains both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Figs and prunes – classic remedy for constipation
- Okra – Lubricates the Intestines and softens the stools
- Beets – Strengthens the colon
- Papaya – Contains the digestive enzymes
- Barley – Increases the fiber in bulk, softens the stool and treats constipation
- Spinach – Cleanses the digestive tract and improves the bowel movements
Improving overall digestive system positively influence the excretion process and cures hemorrhoids. Also, adhere to a healthy lifestyle and don’t be a potato couch. You can easily get rid of hemorrhoids natural with these simple remedies.