5 Effective Home Remedies for Yeast Infection Cure
What is a Yeast Infection?
Yeast infection also called as Candidiasis is a fungal infection of the skin or mucous membranes caused by candida. Candida is one of the many types of fungus that reside in the human body and develop its harmful effects when it gets suitable environment. Candida is a type of yeast infection that most commonly resides in body parts like mouth, belly or on the skin without causing any problem. There are many negative implications of this yeast development on the human body.
Types of Yeast Infections
- Oral thrush (Oropharyngeal Candidiasis): The condition when the candida spreads in the mouth or throat, it can cause an infection called thrush. Thrush is very common in newborns, adults, and people with weak immune systems.
- Genital Yeast Infection: It is one of the most common yeast infections, which happens to three out of four women in their lifetime. It occurs when yeast growth is visible in the vagina. The yeast infection occurs when there is a change in the PH balance near the vagina. The genital yeast infection may be caused due to pregnancy, diabetes, weakened immune system, improper hygiene, menstruations, etc.
- Invasive Candidiasis: Sometimes the candida yeast enters into the bloodstream; it can then travel to brain, heart, blood, eyes through all the blood veins. This infection can prove too harmful to the life. It can happen to someone who might be recently admitted to a hospital or nursing home.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Yeast Infection
There are a friendly bacteria called Lactobacillus acidophilus present in yogurt which prevents further growth of yeast and helps to relieve the itching sensation. The yogurt can be applied to the infected area, and it should also be included in the diet. The regular consumption of yogurt or application of the same to the affected area can also be much helpful to cure the same.
The coconut oil is known as much useful for curing fungal infection; due to its antifungal properties, it kills the fungi preventing further growth of yeast. Regular consumption or application of the same can be much helpful to cure the yeast in a couple of weeks.
- The coconut oil needs to be applied to the infected area three times a day.
- It can also be used by combining it with cinnamon oil for better results.
Garlic has various antifungal, antibacterial properties present in it, which can be well used for treating any fungal infection.
- To use garlic, it should be ground and made a paste out of it then the mix should be applied to the affected skin area.
- You can also eat a couple of garlic cloves or garlic tablets daily. Eating garlic clove may cause bad breath, but it is effective in treating yeast infection.
Cranberries are well known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, which help in preventing the growth of yeast infection. It is also helpful in treating a bladder infection.
- To increase the healing process and provide better results within a short period, you should drink unsweetened cranberry juice thrice a day.
- If not cranberry juice then you can also take cranberry tablet couple of times a day. The tablets can be bought at any natural health store.
It is a chemical known for its antifungal and antiseptic properties boric acid is not recommended for pregnant woman.
- You need to dilute the boric acid by adding water.
- Apply the affected area with the solution for a couple of minutes.
- Now rinse the area carefully with water.
- Use this remedy daily for a few weeks.
Those who suffer from the yeast only understand the consequences of the same and removal can help them to keep the concerned area free of infection. These remedies can help them live happily and healthily.