Being a parent is probably the most amazing feel in the world; no parent will deny this. Holding your baby in arms seems to be the perfect moment, and you want to stop it there. Having a child and being a parent comes with some ups and downs that everyone should face, and sometimes it seems like a challenge coming back to back. Particularly, when it’s a newborn, your life becomes a rollercoaster ride. Every day you see a new happening with a baby like a tiny pimple on their face, yeast infection, blisters, diarrhea and those tough diaper rashes. Well, you don’t need to worry; they are the part of their cycle from being a newborn to become a toddler.
Diaper rash occurred due to the inflamed skin in the moist and warm area that includes thighs, genital area, and hips. Diaper rash it is the most frequent problem in the case of a small baby. Almost every mother sees her newbie suffer from diaper rash, but that doesn’t mean she is not taking a diligent care of her baby. However, if diaper rash remained untreated, it can make a situation worse.
If your baby is suffering from rashes, then make sure you let them be the bare bottom for some time so that skin can breathe. There are also some natural remedies to take care of rashes, and they’ll be gentle for your baby’s soft skin.
It is a known home remedy for diaper rash. Among all the remedies the vinegar is considered as the most effective. It has antibiotic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can also use vinegar to cure harsh rashes. To overcome the rashes with the help of vinegar follow the process as below:
- Take a 1 of vinegar and 1 cup water.
- With clean cotton cloth or cotton ball, pat it on the inflammatory area.
- Also, after cleaning cloth diapers wash them in vinegar for once.
- This will help to keep your baby’s skin healthy.
The white powder of baking soda can help you cure the rashes quick and effectively. It is easily available in a home as well as the market. It can help to heal the diaper rash with its healing property. Just try this remedy as mentioned below:
- Take 2 of baking soda in 4 cups of water.
- Dissolve it well.
- And whenever you change baby’s diaper, wash their bottoms with this solution.
- Then pat skin dry with clean soft and put on a clean diaper.
Among the leading remedies for diaper rashes, petroleum jelly is also considered as an important one. It helps to protect diaper zone from irritating effects of urine and feces. Right application to affected areas can help the baby get free from rashes in a short span.
- After removing a diaper, clean the area with warm water.
- Make it dry with a cotton cloth and then put some petroleum jelly.
- Repeat this process every time you change your baby’s diaper.
It is enriched with protein which helps to soothe baby’s soft skin. It has some chemical compound which helps to remove dirt and unwanted oils from the skin.
- Mix 1 tbs. of oatmeal in bathing water.
- Let your baby sit in it for 10 minutes.
- Bathe you baby with the oatmeal bathing water.
- Do this process daily twice to treat rashes.
Coconut oil has some antimicrobial and antifungal properties which help to soothe and heal baby’s skin. It is a great moisturizer for adults and as well as babies.
- After removing the diaper, clean the area.
- Make it dry with a cotton towel, and lightly put some coconut oil on that part.
- Do this three to four times a day.
- You can also add coconut oil in bathing water to kill the bacteria which cause diaper rashes and to moisturize baby’s skin.
It is one of the most effective treatments for diaper rash which assures that baby will not have any allergies.
- After removing a diaper, clean the area.
- Apply few drops of mommy milk on the affected area.
- Let it be air dry before putting a new diaper.
It has a strong antifungal property which can be used to treat extreme diaper rash. Also, will reduce the inflammation and heal the skin fast.
- Wash the baby’s bum with warm water and mild soap.
- Leave the skin to dry naturally.
- Apply the Shea butter on the affected area, and leave it to be absorbed.
- Then put a fresh diaper.
- Repeat this twice daily to heal.
Very few people know that yogurt is very beneficial diaper rash and can heal quickly.
- Apply plain yogurt on baby’s affected skin in an even thin layer.
- And then put a new diaper.
- Every time you change the diaper repeat this process.
These were few remedies which will help you and your baby. Beside this, you need to take some preventions to keep them away like avoid the excess use of baby wipes, let your baby be without nappy for some time, and sometimes diaper brand can also be the reason so try changing it.