The human urinary system is comprised of three main parts that are kidney, gall bladder and urethra. The effect on any of these parts by microbes or say bacteria are said to be ‘Urinary Tract Infections.’ This infection has a more prevailing ratio in women.
The primary infection area is gall bladder and urethra, but if the infection level is extreme, then it reaches out to a kidney. Kidney infections are often severe and great damage to health.
The study confirms that urinary tract infection is very common and traced about 8.1 million people infected per year, who diagnose the infection and report the doctors. But, the realistic count including the sufferers who don’t reach out for medical help or couldn’t get to know about the problem.
- 1 What causes Urinary tract infection?
- 2 Symptoms’ for Urinary Tract Infection:
- 3 Some of the Well Know Home Remedies to Cure UTI
- 4 Cranberry Juice:
- 5 Blueberries:
- 6 Cream of Tartar and Lemon:
- 7 Tea Tree Oil:
- 8 Avoid Four C:
- 9 Avoid Spermicides:
- 10 Ginger Tea:
- 11 Switch to a Healthier Lifestyle:
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Related
What causes Urinary tract infection?
Bacteria that are already present in the large intestine and our stool are the most common source of bacteria that travels up to the urinary tract. In women’s bacteria move in urinary tract during intercourse and causes the urinary tract infection.
Bacteria can also travel through blood, kidney, enlarged prostrated in men and also may have due to inherited genes can cause repeated Urinary tract infection especially in women’s. Other causes also include.
- Sexual intercourse.
- Spermicides use.
- Women who are pregnant.
- Forcing yourself not to pee for a longer time.
- Postmenopausal women’s.
- People with diabetes.
Symptoms’ for Urinary Tract Infection:
- Urge to urinate frequently, and only small amount of urine is passed.
- Pain and burning while urinating.
- Lower belly pain.
- Urine is pink or red in color.
- Bad odor urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Fever and chill.
- Always feel sleepy despite 7-8 hour sleep.
- Pelvic pain
- Cloudy urine
Here are some home remedies by which you can treat urinary tract infection quickly at home:
Some of the Well Know Home Remedies to Cure UTI
Drinking Lots of Water:
Drinking plenty of water is the first thing when you have urinary tract infection. This is because drinking lot of water flushes out the bacteria when you pee. Aim for drinking water half of your body weight for example if you weigh 140 pounds go for 70 ounces of water and if you cannot calculate drink up to 80 ounces per day i.e. 8-10 glasses.
For this method, you need some fresh water by your side every time. Drink water like you are stranded in the desert, i.e.,.8-10 glasses per day this will calm your burning sensation and flush out the bacteria that causes urinary tract infection. This is the most used and easy method to get rid of UTI naturally at home, and there is no side effects for doing this.
Go for a Pee:
It may sound stupid but, even if its small amount applies to it, if you hold it in your bladder there may be chances develop and increases the bacteria growth and so as infection. Every time you pee you flush out the bacteria and peeing frequently increases your chance to recovery.
Load up Your Vitamin C:
Taking plenty amount of vitamin C make urine more acidic and inhibits the growth of bacteria. You can use any fruit rich in vitamin C like lemon, kiwi, banana, melon, tomatoes, papaya and oranges; here I am sharing Indian Gooseberry amla remedy to prevent urinary tract infection.
- 1 cup water.
- 1tsp amla powder.
- 1tsp turmeric powder.
- In a bowl mix all ingredient i.e. 1 cup water, 1tsp turmeric powder and one tsp amla powder.
- Boil water until half of it evaporates.
- Drink it three times a day for three to five days.
Baking soda is an alkaline which neutralizes the acidity of urine and helps in burning sensation when you go pee. And also help in speedy recovery. You need one tsp baking soda, 1 cup of water.
- Mix both water and baking soda in a glass.
- Stir it until completely dissolved.
- Do this first thing in a morning.
- Try to avoid salt as baking soda is high in sodium.
- Do not repeat this after one.
Parsley acts as a diuretic which relieves and speed up the process of healing. Took one cup fresh parsley or two tsp of dry parsley and 1-2 cup of water.
- Bring the water to boil add fresh parsley in it.
- Let it simmer for 6-8 minutes so that leaves will infuse in water.
- Strain the leaves and drink it.
- If you are using dried parsley, steep it in hot water for 8 minutes strain it before drinking.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Rich in a source of enzyme, potassium and other mineral prevent the multiple growths of bacteria that cause urinary tract infection. You need 1 cup water, two tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tsp honey
- Mix both water and two tsp of apple cider vinegar with one tsp of honey.
- Drink this twice a day for a week.
- You can also apply apple cider vinegar as an antibiotic.
High in water contain will get extra fluid out of your system. You need one fresh cucumber slice it up and consume. Eat one cucumber a day it will help you to heal UTI at home.
Bacteria that cause urinary tract infection have hair like structure which tends to stick in urethra cranberry juice acidic in nature makes it harder for bacteria to stick to anything and to multiply in growth. It is found that it is most effective on women’s. You need cranberry juice and use fresh, do not purchase artificial juices. The packed artificial juices contain only added flavors no vitamin nutrients. So always try to get fresh.
- Drink it three full glasses thrice a day.
- To prevent the infection drink one full glass in a day.
- Try to get pure cranberry juice, not the one which has sugar in it.
Same in property as cranberry these little blue soldiers will prevent you from urinary tract infection and also prevent a growth of bacteria inside the urethra. Take a 1-2 cup of blueberries. Rinse them thoroughly and enjoy them twice a day. It will keep you healthy and get rid of UTI as well.
Though they didn’t prevent the urinary tract infection, helps soothe the pubic area because of inflammation and irritation from urinary tract infection that causes pain and burning.
- Heat pad.
- Cotton cloth.
- Heat the heating pad.
- Place the cotton cloth in your pubic area before applying heat pad.
- Do not use it for more than 15 minutes and keep the setting low.
Cream of Tartar and Lemon:
Cream of tartar maintains the PH level of your urine and makes it harder for bacteria to live in it.
What you need:
- 1 and ½ tsp of cream of tartar.
- 1-2 drops of lemon juice
- 1-2 cup of warm Water
- Add cream of tartar in 1 cup of warm water and stir it well.
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon juice in it.
- Drink this 1-2 times in a day.
Tea Tree Oil:
Rich in antibacterial property helps fight the bacteria and prevent urinary tract infection. For this, you need 10-20 drops of tea tree oil. Mix 10-20 drops in warm water and wash your urethra opening with it. Or you can mix it in your bath water too. An easy natural method to get rid of Urinary Tract Infection naturally fast.
Avoid Four C:
The four C that you should avoid to prevent urinary tract infection frequently are:
All of these make easier for bacteria to grow and increase the irritation and acidity of a urethra, making it more prone to get urinary tract infection but, some people also found citrus to be helpful in urinary tract infection as you can find one remedy of citrus in above column.
Using spermicides a kind of contraceptive gel that destroys sperms and prevent pregnancy can cause irritation and allow bacteria to grow also, using unlubricated condoms can also cause urinary tract infection, try to use lubricated condoms and avoid spermicides.
This wonder ingredient can be used in any inflammation so as this helps in any inflammation and reduces pain during urinary tract infection.
You simply need:-
- 1 cup water.
- 1-inch ginger.
- One tsp honey.
- Boil water in a pan with grated ginger.
- Simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add a dash of honey and drink it.
Switch to a Healthier Lifestyle:
Switching to a healthier lifestyle prevent not only urinary tract infection but also any inflammation or disease. Some changes that you can do are:
- Quit smoking.
- Wear loose cotton underwear as in cotton your skin can breathe.
- Wipe your urethra opening with warm water after intercourse.
- Keep your pubic area clean and use a fragrance-free hygienic product.
- Always clean you pubic area from front to back.
- Try to use lubricated condoms as using unlubricated condoms and spermicides can cause urinary tract infection as discussed above.
- Drink plenty of water daily even if you are not infected in this way you will prevent any kind bacteria growth.
- Keep your toilet habit good.
- There are several home remedies you can try and choose best for yourself from above.
- More likely to infect sexually active women or women having menopause or a woman is pregnant.