ADHD stands for Adult Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. ADHD is a mental health disorder which causes many problems to its patients, such as difficulty in paying attention, hyperactivity, and impulsive behavior. Both Adults and children could be patients of ADHD. This illness in Adults may be persistent from their childhood or in the starting of early teenage.
ADHD symptoms in adults do not get detected clearly as compared to children. But in some cases, symptoms in children get detected later in their adult age. Effect of ADHD on adults and children is a little different. In adults, ADHD patients hyperactivity is less but restlessness, difficulty in paying attention, and impulsive behavior are high. Adults and children suffering from ADHD receive the same treatment from the doctor except for a few medications.
Symptoms of ADHD in Children
1. Fail to give close attention and make irresponsible or silly mistakes in school homework.
2. Unable to stick with hard tasks.
3. Do not take part in activities, conversations, and long reading.
4. Avoid and ignore the tasks which require mental effort.
5. Feel scared every time.
Symptoms of ADHD in Adults
1. Poor or sometimes no time management skills.
2. Do not complete tasks in a given time.
3. Change mood instantly without any reason.
4. Being stressed and have hot temper.
5. Forgetting necessary daily life things.
When to see a Doctor
ADHD is a persistent mental disorder. If it is not diagnosed initially by examining the above symptoms in adults and children, then it leaves life long effects of illness. When a person sees the above symptoms in own-self or children, immediately look for a doctor.
An ADHD patient is prescribed by the doctor to take the Adderall drug, but this drug is abusive due to perceived benefits. Hence it is best to use Alternatives to Adderall in place of Adderall drug.
Causes of ADHD
The exact causes of ADHD are still undiscoverable and doctors are researching on it. But few causes which could raise ADHD symptoms in children and adults are genetics, environmental, and problems during development.